Head over to the Kitchen at Maison between 1-4pm for a mouth-watering fondue, every Saturday during the month of July 2015!
Cape Town Tourism continues to share the best of Cape Town at unbeatable value with the forthcoming Making Memories Weekend. Spending time with family tops the list for many visitors on holiday and this weekend adventure will make memories for a long time to come.
Saturday, 11 July – Sunday 12 July 2015, 12h00 to 17h00, Huguenot Monument
Less than an hour from Cape Town, and just twenty minutes from Cape Town International Airport, Stellenbosch is packed with activities to keep families busy this school holiday.
Winter in Cape Town just got warmer and brighter! Pepperclub Hotel & Spa’s latest seasonal complimentary wine tasting series, Christmas in July, launches on Thursday, 2 July 2015, and will help Capetonians embrace the chilly winter weather the city is currently experiencing. The tasting will offer a festive, lively atmosphere but will also provide locals with the opportunity to sample some of the Cape’s best wines.
Stellenbosch offers countless indoor and outdoor activities for the cooler months, but the one area in which it absolutely excels is in the amount of stunning locations on offer to enjoy a glass of wine in an oversized lounger next to a cosy indoor fireplace. From cafes in the town centre to restaurants on further afield wine estates; there is no shortage of warm and embracing venues for those rainy days in the City of Oaks.
These are a few of our favourite places at which to ‘flame gaze’:
- The Craven Lounge at Lanzerac Wine Estate boasts old world charm with genuine antiques, a grand piano and a roaring fireplace
- Try the stylishly decorated Cedarwood Lounge and Bar at the Devon Valley Hotel
- Or the cosy “downstairs” cellar at Delheim
- Bistro13 at Stellenbosch Vineyards boasts a fireplace and fresh new winter menu
- 96 Winery Road restaurant with their down-to-earth cuisine, look and feel
- The ever-popular Asara
- The restaurant on wine and stud farm, Avontuur Estate
- Terroir at Kleine Zalze and across the road, Blauuwklippen
- The restaurant at Cavalli Wine and Stud Farm
- Helena’s Restaurant at Coopmanhuijs
- Where there’s always something on, Cuvee at Simonsig
- Farm to table restaurant, Eight at Spier, as well as the Spier Hotel Restaurant
- Tokara and the kid-friendly DeliCATessen at Tokara